Artists are regulated under the Cheshire County Council Act of 1980. Under the Act selling items on a street is illegal without having a Licence issued by Cheshire West and Chester Council. The Licensing Team issues two categories of Artist's Licence; Default and Full.
Where to find help
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 01244 977961, 977962 or 977965
- Post: Licensing Team, Regulatory Services, Cheshire West and Chester Council, The Forum, Chester, CH1 2HS
There are six Artist's Pitches along the Groves area of the Chester City Centre. Full Licence Holders are granted permanent rights to one of those pitches. Default Licence Holders are able to use any of the pitches if they are available, however should the full Licence Holder for that pitch arrive before 12pm, the Default Holder must relinquish the pitch and allow the Full Licence Holder to trade.
Cheshire West and Chester Council issues a maximum of six Full and three Default Licences. At present these are all issued so we are unable to accept new applications.
Cheshire West and Chester Council has a duty to protect the public purse for further information about what we do with the information you provide to us, visit our privacy notice page.
- Privacy Notice Page
- Full artist's licence application (PDF, 67.3KB)
- Default artist's licence application (PDF, 66KB)
- Renew artist's licence (PDF, 63.7KB)
- Full artist licence: £320
- Default artist licence: £196