House to house collections
To carry out house-to-house collections for charitable purposes in Cheshire West and Chester you need a licence.
Where to find help
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 01244 977961, 977962 or 977965
- By post: Licensing Team, Cheshire West and Chester Council, The Forum, Chester, CH1 2HS
- Applications must be in the form prescribed by Cheshire West and Chester Council
- You must be a fit and proper person
Application evaluation process
No provision in the legislation
Will tacit consent apply
Yes. This means that you will be able to act as though your application is granted if you have not heard from the local authority by the end of the target completion period
You can expect to be contacted by the Licensing Team within 14 days of receipt of your application. We would normally expect to let you know our decision on your application within 30 days of receipt.
Failed application redress
Please contact Cheshire West and Chester Council in the first instance. You have the right to appeal to the Minister for the Cabinet Office. Appeals must be lodged within 14 days of the refusal.
Licence holder redress
Please contact Cheshire West and Chester Council in the first instance. You have the right to appeal to the Minister for the Cabinet Office. Appeals must be lodged within 14 days of the decision.
We would always advise that in the event of a complaint the first contact is made with the trader by you - preferably in the form a letter (with proof of delivery). If that has not worked contact the below.
- If you are located in the UK: Citizens Advice Consumer Service
- From outside the UK: UK European Consumer Centre
Public register or database