Cheshire West & Chester Council logo

Licensing act applications

For Gaming Machines in Licensed Premises, please refer to the Gambling Act 2005 Applications page.

Guidance notes to help you complete all of the forms below are also available for download by clicking the link below:

Important reminder when making an application

The Licensing Team try to offer as accommodating a service as we can however, due to the sheer number of customers we deal with, we must operate an appointments only system. If you would like to submit your application in person; please always call us in advance to arrange an appointment to avoid disappointment. You can call your local Licensing Team between 8.30am and 4.45pm. Contact Licensing Team.

If you do not have an appointment, we may not be able to see you.

Cheshire West and Chester Council has a duty to protect the public purse for further information about what we do with the information you provide to us, visit our privacy notice page.

Premises licence

Club premises Llicence

Personal licence

Following recent changes to the Licensing Act 2003, there is no longer a requirement to renew your Personal Licence. Your licence will now remain valid indefinitely. It is important to remember though that you are still legally required to inform the Council when any of your details change.

To inform us of any changes to your details, or if you would like a new licence issued to replace a lost or damaged licence, please contact us. A fee of £10.50 is chargeable for any alterations or replacements. 

Temporary event notice (TEN)

Please note that Temporary Event Notice applications must be received by the Licensing Team at least 10 working days before the event. You can apply for a late Temporary Event Notice at least five working days before event. A late Temporary Event Notice should only be used in exceptional circumstances.  Please note that working days do not include the day the application is received, the day the event takes place, weekends or bank holidays.

Review of premises licence or club premises certificate

Where problems associated with the four licensing objectives occur at licensed premises, responsible authorities and/or interested parties may call for a review of a Premises Licence or Club Premises Certificate (PDF, 80.6KB).