Calibration and verification services
Calibration laboratory (Metrology)
Cheshire West and Chester operates a calibration service for weights and measures equipment.
Service contact information:
- Online: Booking request form
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: Calibration Service, Phoenix House, Clough Road, Winsford, CW7 4BD
- Telephone: 01606 271800 / 01606 271808 (Monday-Friday 8.45am-5pm)
Fees and charges
- Calibration service fees and charges 2014/2015 (PDF, 142KB)
- Verification charges April 2014 (PDF, 108KB)
* Please contact us for our local authority working standards charges 2014.
|Weight calibration||From 1mg to 1,000 kg|
|Volume calibration||From 5ml = 1,000 L|
|Length calibration||Up to 50 Metres|
|Weighing and measuring equipment test and verification||We offer a testing / verification service for many different forms of weighing and measuring equipment. We are a Notified Body for the verification of Non-Automatic Weighing Instruments (NAWI)|
|Certification||Each item submitted for calibration is returned with a traceable calibration certificate that is acceptable to most quality systems|
||We can demonstrate traceability from National Standards via the National Measurement Office|
Weighbridge test unit (WBTU)
Our Weighbridge Test Unit (WBTU) is available for hire by customers anywhere in the UK. The vehicle has a maximum gross weight of 48 tonnes.
The vehicle is used to carry out verifications and tests on weighbridges and other large weighing equipment for both the public and private sector. The driver / operator carries all relevant documentation including risk assessment, calibration certificates for all weights, safety certificates and a health and safety note to clients.
The WBTU consists of:
- UKAS certified block weights: 20 x 1,000 kg block weights, 2 x 200kg block weights and 2Kg and 1 kg change point / delta weights sets
- 500 Kg and 250kg roller weights and assorted hand weights
- We can also supply the hirer with alternative weights for differing applications. Please contact the Service for details
Bulk fuel test unit (BFTU)
Our Bulk Fuel Test Unit (BFTU) is available for hire by customers anywhere in the UK. The BFTU is used to test / verify the accuracy of bulk fuel road tankers often used to deliver large quantities of heating oil to domestic and commercial premises. The BFTU consists of a calibrated reference meter mounted within and enclosed trailer. The trailer is towed behind our Land Rover.
The unit is towed to site and operated by an officer from Cheshire West and Chester. The driver / operator carries all relevant documentation including risk assessment and calibration certificates.
A range of weights are available for hire. These include 1000 kg bar weights, 500 kg block weights, 500 kg roller weights, 250 kg roller weights, 20 kg / 10 kg / 5 kg hand weights and an inspector style box containing weights from 1 g to 2 kg.
Delivery and collection service (items for calibration, testing or hire)
Items to be submitted for calibration and hire weights can be collected and / or delivered by prior arrangement.