Report a concern about a child
If you have a concern about a child you can report it here. You should contact us if you feel that:
- A child needs protection (if you feel that a child is suffering harm, neglect, or abuse, we can investigate and act to protect the child.
- A family is under stress: we can offer support and advice and help families access support from other services.
- A child is seriously ill or disabled: we can arrange an assessment of the child’s and families needs and provide support.
Remember, your call could mean the start of getting the right help to a family and may even save a child's life.
During the hours 8.30am to 5pm from Monday to Thursday, 8.30am
to 4.30pm Friday call the Integrated Access and Referral Team on
0300 123 7047.
During the hours 4.30 pm to 8.30 am from Monday to Thursday, from 4pm on Friday and 24 hours at weekends and bank holidays call the Emergency Duty Team (out of hours) on 01244 977277.
If you are a professional or practitioner please use the form below.
- Online referral form for Integrated Access and Referral Team, and Emergency Duty Team (out of hours)
Our office hours are 8.30am-5pm, Monday - Thursday and 8.30am - 4.30pm on Friday.
- Telephone: 0300 123 7047
You can contact us between 4.30pm and 8.30am Monday - Thursday and from 4pm on Friday. Also 24 hours weekends and bank holidays .
- Telephone: 01244 977 277
- Telephone: 0845 458 000 (999 in an emergency)
Local Safeguarding Children's Board
Further information can also be found on the Local Safeguarding Children's Board website.
Together, we can tackle child abuse
The Council is supporting the national 'Together, we can tackle child abuse' campaign which has been launched by the Department for Education - further information about the campaign is availabe below.
Information is also available from: