Housing benefit is a means-tested benefit to help people to pay their rent.
Applying and eligibility
See if you qualify for help with your rent and council tax:
- Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction online calculator and form
- Discretionary housing payment
- Local housing allowance
- Changes to Housing Benefit for tenants of Local Authorities, Housing Associations or other registered social landlords
- Online: contact us form.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post: Revenues and Benefits, PO Box 187, Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, CH34 9DB
- Telephone: 0300 123 7021
- Housing Benefit and Counctil Tax Reduction application form (PDF, 367KB)
Benefit and Council Tax Reduction supporting evidence (PDF,
You can find out more about our performance with dealing with claims in: