High Street, Winsford, CW7 2AS
Telephone: 01606 275065
Fax: 01606 861563
|Monday||9.30am - 7pm|
|Tuesday||9.30am - 5pm|
|Wednesday||9.30am - 5pm|
|Thursday||9.30am - 7pm|
|Friday||9.30am - 5pm|
|Saturday||9.30am - 1pm|
- First Saturday of each month: Cheshire West and Chester Cllrs Pam Booher, Don Beckett and Brian Clarke are here to answer your enquries from 10am to 12 noon.
- Second Saturday of each month: Winsford Town Council, Cllrs Steve Smith and Mike Kennedy from Dene Ward, 10am - 12 noon.
- Fourth Saturday of each month: from 10am to 12 noon Cllr Ailsa Gaskill-Jones (Liberal Democrat) Swanlow Ward and Cllr Sue Langley (Conservative) Swanlow Ward, will be available in the library.
- Every Saturday: from 11am to 1pm Cllr Michael Burns, Winsford Town Council Verdin Ward, will be available in the library.
- Third Thursday of each month: from 10am to 12 noon Councillor Don Beckett (Over and Verdin ward, Cheshire West and Chester Council) and Councillor Tommy Blackmore (Over and Verdin ward. Cheshire West and Chester Council) will be available.
The county headquarters is based upstairs at Winsford Library and uses the two dance floors in the building on a regular basis. Cheshire Dance Workshop organise dance sessions and workshops throughout the county. Telephone 01606 861770.
- Creative Movers - dance sessions for 4 to 8 years olds - 4.30pm - 5.30pm on Mondays term - time, £3 per session
- Cheshire Dance Junior Performance Group - term time Wednesdays 4.30pm to 5.30pm, for 8 to 11 year olds, £20 per term.
- Dance 4 All - term time Thursdays 5pm to 6pm, for 10 years plus, £3 per session
Regular library activities
- Rhyme-time for the Under 5s (free) - 10.30am - 11am - weekly.
- Afternoon reading group (free) - 2pm - 3.15pm - weekly.
- Storytime for older children (5 to 9 years old), 3.45 to 4.15pm
- Storytime for the Under 5s (free) - 10.30am - 11am - weekly
- Reading Group - Fourth Thursday of every month, 5.45pm to 6.45pm. Come along if you enjoy a chat and a book, refreshments. Please book with Claire on 01606 862296 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Reading group - weekly 2pm - 3.15pm. Join our informal reading group to read aloud and chat about books. Not forgetting the coffee and cake. 50p per week plus £1 reservation charge for each book we read. Places are limited, if you would like to join the group contact the library.
- Scrabble Club - weekly 2pm - 4pm in the reference library. Enjoy a game of Scrabble with friends, open to all Winsford University of the Third Age members (or enquire on the day).
What else is happening at the Library?
The Registrar is available for registering births and deaths on Monday and Thursday mornings by appointment only. Telephone 0300 123 7037.
"Our Winsford Library" Friends of the Library
The friends group (OWL)are an active group supporting Winsford Library with their time and fundraising efforts.
New to computers? Winsford Library offers the help of an IT Buddy. Contact the library to arrange a free appointment at a convenient time.
Where is the library? How do I get there?
Directions - The library is situated on the High Street dual-carriageway that runs through Winsford. It is opposite High Street Primary School and between the Dingle Recreation Centre and the Health Centre, to the left of the entrance to Winsford Cross Shopping Centre.
Public transport - There is a bus stop directly outside the library for the 28-31 Northwich-Winsford-Crewe buses. Phone Cheshire Traveline on 0845 140 2666, 8am - 8pm, for further information. The railway station is over a mile away, with a bus service to the town centre. Please phone the National Rail Enquiry Line on 08457 484950 for train details.
Parking - The library has its own car park behind the building. Alternatively, short-stay parking is available behind the Civic Hall.
Disabled parking - There are two disabled parking spaces in the library car park.