High Street, Winsford, CW7 2AS
- Email: libraries@cheshirewestandchester.
- Telephone: 01606 275065
- Fax: 01606 861563
- Disabled access guide for Winsford Library
Big Friendly Read
Something big is coming! Get ready for this year's Summer Reading Challenge. Join from Saturday 16 July. For full information about the challenge and the fabulous events being held in libraries across the summer, go to Your West Cheshire – Summer Reading Challenge 2016.
9.30am - 7pm
9.30am - 5pm
9.30am - 5pm
9.30am - 7pm
9.30am - 5pm
9.30am - 1pm
Other services at your library
Novel Bite Café
- Serving panini, toasties, jacket potatoes, snacks, cakes and hot and cold beverages
- Open term time Monday - Thursday 9.30am to 3.30pm
- Telephone: 01606 288844
The Registrar is available for registering births and deaths on Monday afternoons and Friday mornings, by appointment only.
- Telephone: 0300 123 7037
Weaver Vale Housing Trust - Employment Horizons
Drop in sessions for Weaver Vale tenants on Thursdays, 10am - 12noon. Help is provided with building CVs, filling in application forms and preparing for interviews.
The county headquarters is based upstairs at Winsford Library and uses the two dance floors in the building on a regular basis. Cheshire Dance Workshop organise dance sessions and workshops throughout the county.
- Telephone: 01606 861770
- Creative Movers - dance sessions for four to eight years olds, 4.30pm - 5.30pm on Mondays term - time, £3 per session.
- Cheshire Dance Junior Performance Group - term time Wednesdays 4.30pm - 5.30pm, for 8 to 11 year olds, £20 per term.
- Dance 4 All - term time Thursdays 5pm - 6pm, for 10 years plus, £3 per session
Young People's Service
The Young People's Service supports young people to help them plan for the future and make the most of their life and career opportunities. Available Tuesday and Thursday 1pm - 5pm and Friday 1pm - 4.30pm.
Regular library activities
- Rhyme-time for the Under 5s
10.30am - 11am, weekly.
- Happy Tots
11am-12.30pm - get parenting advice from your local health visiting team, for families with children aged 0 - 5 years.
- U3A Art appreciation group
2.30pm - 3.30pm, third Monday of the month.
- Family Colouring Club
3.30pm – 5pm, weekly. For all ages.
7pm - 8.30pm juniors (6 to 16 years), 8.30pm - 9.45pm seniors. Charged.
Fun and dance for preschoolers - 10am to 10.45am, term time only. Charged.
- Baby Bounce
10.30am – 11am, weekly. Singing and rhymes for babies 0 - 12 months.
- Afternoon reading group (free)
2pm - 3.15pm, weekly.
- Adult Crafts: 1pm – 3pm, weekly. Come and share your talents with others
- Storytime for older children (5 to 9 years old): 3.30pm to 4pm
- Councillor surgery (Winsford, Over and
10am – 12pm, third Thursday of the month. Come and talk to your local ward councillors about community issues.
- Storytime for the Under 5s (free): 10.30am - 11am, weekly
- West Cheshire Credit Union
11am -1pm, weekly. Drop in advice service for people who live and/or work in West Cheshire.
- U3A Local History group
2pm - 3pm, third Thursday of the month.
- Reading group
5.45pm - 6.45pm, every third Thursday. All newcomers welcome.
- U3A Scrabble group: 10.30am - 12pm, first and third Fridays in the month
- U3A Keep Fit group: 10am - 11am. first, third and fifth Fridays of the month
- U3A Reading group: 11am - 12pm, first Friday of the month
- U3A Coffee morning: 11am - 12pm, second and fourth Fridays of the month
- Hearing loss drop in
Second Friday of the month, 2 - 4pm. Sessions provided by Action on Hearing Loss. Drop in and get leaflets, factsheets and tips on all aspects of hearing loss, as well as information about local services, groups and equipment that can help.
- Lego Club: 2.30pm – 4.30pm, weekly. Duplo is also available
- Reading group
Weekly 2pm - 6.45pm. Join our informal reading group to read aloud and chat about books. Not forgetting the coffee and cake. 50p per week plus £1 reservation charge for each book we read. Places are limited, if you would like to join the group contact the library.
- Children's crafts
A different fun thing to make each week. 9.45am to 12.30pm - free.
- Councillor surgery (Winsford and
10am – 12pm, first Saturday of the month - come and talk to your local ward councillors about community issues
- Councillor surgery (Town Council): 10am – 12pm, second Saturday of the month - come and talk to your town councillors about community issues
Where is the library? How do I get there?
Directions: The library is situated on the High Street dual-carriageway that runs through Winsford. It is opposite High Street Primary School and between the Dingle Recreation Centre and the Health Centre, to the left of the entrance to Winsford Cross Shopping Centre.
Public transport: There is a bus stop directly outside the library for the 28-31 Northwich-Winsford-Crewe buses. Phone Cheshire Traveline on 0845 140 2666, 8am - 8pm, for further information. The railway station is over a mile away, with a bus service to the town centre. Please phone the National Rail Enquiry Line on 08457 484950 for train details.
Parking: The library has its own car park behind the building. Alternatively, short-stay parking is available from town car parks.
Disabled parking: There are two disabled parking spaces in the library car park