Blue badge parking permit
The Blue Badge Scheme is a national arrangement of parking concessions for people with disabilities who travel either as drivers or passengers. The scheme also applies to people who are registered blind or severely sight impaired, and people with very severe disabilities in both arms who regularly drive a vehicle but cannot operate or have considerable difficulty in operating all or some types of parking meter.
A blue badge helps holders to park close to their destination. National concessions apply only to on-street parking as off-street car parks are governed by separate rules.
Badge issue fee and validity
The blue badge issue fee is £10. This will apply to all types of
new badge applications and renewals.
Subject to entitlement, badges are normally issued for a period of three years.
Applying for a Blue Badge
- Qualification and eligibility criteria
- Apply online via the Directgov website
- Blue Badge application form (PDF, 444KB)
- Blue Badge organisation application (PDF, 254KB)
Or call us and we can arrange to have a copy of the form sent to you.
- Telephone: 0300 123 7040
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you can collect and return an application form from any of the Council offices listed below:
- Write: Blue Badge Team, Wyvern House, The Drumber, Winsford, CW7 1AH
- Visit: Customer service centres
Application forms can also be collected from and returned to all local libraries except from Elton, Saughall and Willaston libraries.
Please note that new and renewal applications take approximately one month to process. We recommend that you apply for a renewal one month prior to the date of expiry.
- Concessions available for motorists
- Blue Badge Reforms of February 2011
- Your data and what we do with it
- Rights and responsibilities
Please note: Should you wish to renew your blue badge, there is not currently a specific form for this. Please complete the blue badge application form again should you wish to renew.