Cheshire West & Chester Council logo

Financial help

You can request a home visit or telephone call back to discuss your individual circumstances, to see if we can help you claim any benefit or other financial help you may be entitled to.

Where to find help 

Debt advice

For impartial advice on benefits, debt management and welfare rights you can view the Council's debt advice page or contact the Citizens Advice Bureau.

If you need advice about mortgage or rent arrears please visit the following pages:

Fuel bills

Water meter bills

Water Sure is a new scheme from United Utilities providing financial help to domestic customers with a water meter, who use large amounts of water for essential purposes.

If you claim certain benefits or have three children who live with you under the age of 19, or suffer with certain medical conditions you may qualify for help.

Visit the Water Sure website to find out if you qualify and to download an application form.

Other financial help

Grants whilst pregnant

Business support