Cheshire West & Chester Council logo

Welfare funerals

If you are a relative and you have no means of paying for a funeral then you must first contact the Coroners Office:

The Coroner will then make contact with the relevant authorities such as the hospital mortuary and local council to make them aware of your intentions. You will be required to give the Coroner details of the next of kin to enable contact to be made with that person.

Council funerals

The Council may be able to help you with arranging the funeral in the following situations:

Where to find help

For enquiries in relation to any crematorium or cemetery matter, please contact us: