Cheshire West & Chester Council logo

Claiming Council Tax Reduction

New scheme from 1 April 2013

From 1 April 2013 Council Tax Benefit will be replaced by a scheme called Council Tax Reduction.
The following documents are the Cheshire West and Chester Council Tax Reduction Scheme which has been agreed by Councillors.

It has been agreed that the scheme will be based on the information document and the previous Council Tax Benefit scheme. The appendix is for additional information only and may be amended.

Where to get help

From 1 April 2013

You can claim Council Tax Reduction if you are liable for Council Tax and are:

But, you cannot get Council Tax Reduction if:

Find out if you are classed as a working age applicant or pension age applicant. There is no fixed upper capital limit for customers in receipt of Guarantee Pension Credit.   For more information about Pension Credit please contact the Pension Service on 0845 3000 168.

How to apply

Pension age customers can also claim Second Adult Rebate. For more information please see our Second Adult Rebate page.