In this section of the website you can read about the school admissions process.
- Apply online for your child's September 2017 school place
- Key admission dates
- Catchment areas
- Information booklets
- Supplementary information forms
- School admission arrangements
- In-year school transfer process
- Appeals guidance
Where to find help
The School Admissions Service deals with everything to do with allocating school places, including:
- Producing written information for parents about primary and secondary school admissions;
- Coordinating transferring pupils from primary to secondary school;
- Coordinating applications for admission into reception classes for the first time in September;
- Providing advice and guidance to parents on admission procedures, including the transfer of pupils between schools;
- Acting as the initial contact for parents who want to make appeals for community and voluntary controlled schools which are full;
- Representing community and voluntary controlled schools as the admitting authority at independent appeal hearings.
We can be contacted in the following ways.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post: School Admissions, Cheshire West and Chester Council, Wyvern House, The Drumber, Winsford, CW7 1AH
- Telephone: 0300 123 7039
Before you apply for a school place, you need to consider how you will transport your child to school, taking into account any potential transport costs. From September 2015 travel assistance will only be offered to pupils attending their nearest school.
Free school meals
Children who attend school within the Cheshire West and Chester area, up to the age of 16 and pupils who go to a school sixth form might be eligible for free school meals. If a child attends a college you can contact the college directly to make an application.