School term and holiday dates
Term and holiday schedule for the academic year 2014 until 2015:
|Autumn 2014||Spring 2015||Summer 2015|
1 September - 24 October
5 January - 13 February
20 April - 22 May
Bank holiday - 4 May
3 November - 19 December
23 February - 2 April
|1 June - 21 July (37 days)|
|Christmas holiday 20 December - 4 January||Spring break / Easter holiday 3 April - 17 April||Summer holiday 22 July - 31 August|
|Return to school: Tuesday 1 September 2015|
- Total number of school days (teachers) = 195
- Total number of school days (pupils) = 190
Individual school holiday and term dates
For an individual school's term and holiday dates and their INSET days, please contact the school directly or check their website.
Deregulation Act - March 2015
You may be aware that during the last year there was a Deregulation Bill being progressed through Parliament, which proposed that all schools, regardless of category, would have the ability to determine their own term dates. The Bill has now become an Act, after receiving Royal Assent on 26 March 2015.
However, following recent liaison between the Local Authority and head teacher colleagues, it is hoped that the agreed dates, up until summer 2019, will be adopted by all schools in order to ensure consistency for our families.
Standardised school year
Cheshire West and Chester Council recently consulted on adopting
a standardised school year and this was implemented from September
The principles of the standardised school year are as follows:
- All terms to start on a Monday (or a Tuesday if so necessitated by a Bank Holiday)
- February half term will always be the third full week in February
- Easter Break will be renamed the Spring break and will always be the first two full weeks in April
- Easter will always be observed via the bank holidays for Good Friday and Easter Monday
- Where a school is open for part of a week to pupils, this will be for a minimum of three school days (to encourage attendance)
- The five INSET teacher training days are all to be designated by the individual school governing body, but there will be no more than two days (in any one term) set consecutively for this purpose.