Cheshire West & Chester Council logo

Suspected abuse or neglect of a vulnerable adult

Where to find help

If you believe that someone is being abused contact the Council.

You will be listened to and you will be supported. Alternatively, speak to the police, doctor or nurse, or any of the organisations listed below:

Further information

Action on Elder Abuse

Age UK Cheshire


Samaritans is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to provide confidential, emotional support on any subject.

Care homes

If you are concerned about bad practices, poor quality care or abuse in a care home, contact the appropriate organisation.

Care Quality Commission

The Care Quality Commission is the new health and social care regulator for England. They oversee standards in hospitals, care homes and for care at home.