Suspected abuse or neglect of a vulnerable adult
Where to find help
If you believe that someone is being abused contact the Council.
- Telephone 0300 123 8 123
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hours: 8.30am - 5pm Monday - Thursday (4.30pm Friday).
- Out of hours you should phone our Emergency Duty Team on 01244 977277
You will be listened to and you will be supported. Alternatively, speak to the police, doctor or nurse, or any of the organisations listed below:
- Action on Elder Abuse Helpline 080 8808 8141
- Age UK Cheshire
- Local Citizens Advice Bureau
- Local Housing Services
- Women’s Aid
Action on Elder Abuse
Age UK Cheshire
- Age UK Helpline Information and Advice
- Telephone: 0800 169 6565
Samaritans is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to provide confidential, emotional support on any subject.
If you are concerned about bad practices, poor quality care or abuse in a care home, contact the appropriate organisation.
Care Quality Commission
The Care Quality Commission is the new health and social care regulator for England. They oversee standards in hospitals, care homes and for care at home.