A Children's Centre delivers:
- Child and family health (including antenatal) services
- Family support, information
- Advice and guidance to support parents/carers
- Specialist support for children with additional needs
- A range of activities that support parents/carers to access training and employment which include close working with JobCentre Plus.
The frequently asked questions gives further advice and guidance for parents, carers and childcare providers.
Children's Centres in Cheshire West and Chester
Cheshire West and Chester has arranged its Children's Centres into 20 geographical areas known as Children's Centre Footprints which can be seen on the Footprint Map (PDF, 1.73MB). To locate your nearest Children's Centre use the Dirct.gov widget below, or visit the centre's individual page. Although your address will have a Children's Centre allocated to it, you are able to attend any Children's Centre in Cheshire West and Chester. As well as offering the required 'Early Years' services set out above many of our Centres also work closely with local schools to deliver services appropriate to the needs of families with school age children.
The Cheshire West and Chester Family Information Service offers a free and confidential quality service to parents, carers and health professionals, providing information on available childcare and childcare options.