Foster care is about providing a caring and safe environment for children and young people, including those who have disabilities or challenging behaviour.
Choosing to foster a child is not a decision to be taken lightly and we hope that the different options described in this website will inform you sufficiently to take the next step. We’ll be with you all the way, offering help, encouragement, support and guidance, assisting you through every aspect of the application process and beyond, ensuring that you make the right decision.
We currently have a number of children requiring long-term foster care. This means they will be placed with carers who can provide a permanent home until the end of their childhood.
- Discover: More about long-term fostering
We are also looking for foster carers who help and support teenagers.
- Explore: More about fostering teenagers
Fostering information events
We hold information events six times a year and move around the region in order to try and meet as many interested potential carers as possible.
Information evenings are taking place on the following dates in 2014.
- Tuesday 4 March, 4pm - 6pm - Winsford Lifestyle Centre reception area
- Thursday 6 March, 11.30am to 1.30pm - West Cheshire College, Ellesmere Port Site - Rotunda
- Thursday 13 March, 4.30pm to 6.30pm - West Cheshire College, Handbridge Site
- Thursday 20 March, 4.30pm to 6.30pm - West Cheshire College, Ellesmere Port Site - Rotunda
- Tuesday 25 March, 6pm to 8pm - West Cheshire College, Ellesmere Port Site, Room 3rd floor LRC
If you would like to register for an information evening, please use the online registration form:
- Register your interest