Foster care is about providing a caring and safe environment for children and young people, including those who have disabilities or challenging behaviour.
Choosing to foster a child is not a decision to be taken lightly and we hope that the different options described in this website will inform you sufficiently to take the next step. We’ll be with you all the way, offering help, encouragement, support and guidance, assisting you through every aspect of the application process and beyond, ensuring that you make the right decision.
We currently have a number of children requiring long-term foster care. This means they will be placed with carers who can provide a permanent home until the end of their childhood.
- Discover: More about long-term fostering
We are also looking for foster carers who help and support teenagers.
- Explore: More about fostering teenagers
Fostering information events
We hold information events six times a year and move around the region in order to try and meet as many interested potential carers as possible. Dates are as follows:
- Thursday 24 April - 4 - 6pm, Winsford Lifestyle Centre, The Drumber, Winsford, CW7 1AD
- Monday 28 April - 5.30 - 6.30pm, Chester FC, Swansway Stadium, Bumpers Lane, Chester, CH1 4LT
- Thursday 29 May - 6 - 8pm, Wyvern House, The Drumber, Winsford, CW7 1AH
- Thursday 3 July - 4 - 6pm, Wyvern House, The Drumber, Winsford, CW7 1AH
- Monday 7 July - 6 - 8pm, HQ, Cheshire West and Chester Council, Nicholas Street, Chester, CH1 2NP
Please check back as further dates will be advertised shortly.
If you would like to register for an information evening, please use the online registration form: