Primary Care Trusts are statutory NHS organisations. There are two covering Cheshire West and Chester and Cheshire East:
The Trusts were formed in 2006 following a reduction from four Primary Care Trusts within the old county of Cheshire. The Trusts work in partnership with various organisations to provide local health services.
Local guide to heath and social care in West Cheshire.
National Health Service information sources:
Every Primary Care Trust has a Patient and Public
Involvement Forum (PPI) whose members are local
people. Their main functions are to monitor local NHS
services, raise matters of local public concern with health
organisations, advise the public about their local NHS services and
help them with complaints. Members are recruited by the Commission
for Patient and Public Involvement in Health (CPPIH).
To find out more about your local Patient Forum, see the Central and Eastern Cheshire PCT or Western Cheshire PCT websites.
The NHS provides information on how to contact your local health services, the current performance of the NHS and more.
Other health websites
- BBC Health- Gives current news and information on health issues. Provides a guide for improving health and developing healthy living
- Change for life Ideas to help families eat well, move more and live longer providing healthy food and activity tips
- Department of Health Comprises are large number of directorates to support public health, adult social care, and the NHS
- Disabled Go This website, designed in consultation with disabled people, provides detailed information about access to all kinds of places - hotels, restaurants, colleges, tourist attractions, libraries, hospitals, leisure centres etc. You can also search for jobs, catch up on the latest disability news, advertise events, post articles and join discussions on the forum
- Dr Foster Information on UK healthcare services. Includes how to find a consultant and services available at each hospital
- Health talk online website which shares other patients’ experiences of health and illness. Also provides an online forum
- Infolink Cheshire directory of health and other services in central and eastern Cheshire as well as national services
- NHS Choices This NHS website provides detailed information on health conditions and treatments, healthy lifestyle, caring, news, and health services near you
- NICE National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence provides key information for health care professionals and welcomes participation by the public, carers, and patients
- Patient UK