Help for carers
Am I a carer?
If you look after a relative, friend or neighbour, providing essential support to someone unable to do everything for themselves then you are a carer. The Council is committed to supporting carers and can offer help and support to you.
Support is also available locally through the Cheshire Carers' Centre in Northwich.
- Cheshire Carers' Centre website
- Telephone: 0800 0850307
We carry out carer's assessments to find out the best ways to help you cope as a carer, and help you in your caring role. Contact the Access team for information or to arrange an assessment
Websites and advice for carers
The 2012-15 Cheshire West and Chester Carers Strategy
The 2012-15 Cheshire West and Chester Carers Strategy (PDF, 1294KB) has been developed in partnership with carers, the Clinical Commissioning groups and local carer focused voluntary sector organisations.
We aim to see carers as partners in care with expert knowledge, experience and understanding of the person they care for.
- To help them realise and release their potential with access to work and educational opportunities
- To support them to have a life outside of caring with good quality assessments and access to breaks
- Ensure they have good quality information and advice so that they and the person they care for can make informed choices at a time and a place where they feel they have control
- Recognise that caring can impact carers’ health and well-being by enabling access to annual health checks and support systems in the event of emergencies
- To work together in partnership as agencies and professionals so that we clearly identify, monitor and finance what is available to carers in the borough of Cheshire West and Chester.
We are proud to present this to the citizens of Cheshire West
and Chester and look forward to building on this excellent