Cheshire West & Chester Council logo

Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction


See if you qualify for help with your rent and Council Tax.


  • Benefit advice - a list of the types of housing benefits and grants available.
  • Report a change - if there is any change to the information we have used to decide whether you are entitled to Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction (or both) you need to tell us straight away.
  • Make a claim - you can calculate and claim Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction here.
  • Local Housing Allowance - Local Housing Allowance (LHA) is the name for Housing Benefit for most tenants of private landlords who claim Housing Benefit. See if you qualify, and claim for LHA here.