Local housing market reports
Strategic Housing Market Assessment
All local Councils have a statutory responsibility to ensure they prepare housing and planning policies which reflect the requirements of local communities. Periodically, councils are asked to provide evidence to support current and new development policies. The last survey of this type was undertaken in July 2013 and in line with both Government guidance, a new set of local information and intelligence is now required.
The Council monitors conditions in the local housing market. These reports:
- determine current market conditions
- identify where improvement is needed
- enable us to target resources to best effect
- monitor trends in the local housing market and
- monitor the impact of any interventions
We are committed to a programme of research that will help us to understand the local housing market in Cheshire West and Chester.
Quarterly housing market bulletins
- Quarterly Housing Market Bulletin (July – September 2013) (PDF, 1.94MB)
- Quarterly Housing Market Bulletin (April - June 2013) (PDF, 1897KB)
- Quarterly Housing Market Bulletin (January - March 2013) (PDF, 1.98MB)
Annual Housing Market Report
Local investment plan (LIP)
If you would like a hard copy of the reports, please contact the Housing Strategy Team (postal charges may apply).