Cheshire West & Chester Council logo

Contracts and Quality Management

The supporting people programme helps vulnerable people to live independently by commissioning housing related support services through a partnership of local government, health, probation and other providers.  Services include domestic abuse refuges, homeless hostels, sheltered housing and floating support services.

Where to find help and apply for services

Supporting People services are accessed through the Housing Support Gateway

Who can access supporting people services

You can access the services if you are:

Four types of housing related support services


Support services are either 'short-term' or 'long-term'. 

If you get housing benefit you can claim help towards the cost of the service.  If you do not get housing benefit you may still be able to get help towards the cost of the support charge. If you have less than £23,250 in savings you can ask for a financial assessment to see if help can be given.

Case studies

See people who have benefited from the Supporting People programme tell their stories on the CheshireWestTV website.