Apply for an apprenticeship
There are two types of apprenticeship - intermediate and advanced.
- Intermediate Apprenticeships (equivalent to five good GCSE
- Advanced Level Apprenticeships (equivalent to two A level passes)
The Council has experience of providing quality training placements for apprentices. We also use this programme as a recruitment tool and many of our apprentices are recruited into permanent positions during or following their training programme.
Where to find help
- Online: you can complete our Apprenticeship Application Form
- Download: Word application form (Word 283KB)
Vacancies are also available via the National Apprenticeship Service and Connexions.
If your application is successful, you will be invited in for an interview. If you haven't heard from us within four weeks please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
The interview will identify what area you are interested in and what skills and knowledge you already possess. If you are successful at interview, you will be offered an apprenticeship and a start date will be agreed.
Please note, for any specific apprenticeship vacancies within Council services, please check our online vacancy system.
- Contract: 12 month temporary contract (conditions apply)
- Pay: £105 per week.
- Holiday: 25 days per year