The Skills Junction offers apprenticeships and NVQ training to learners who are employed or are volunteers and aged 16 or over in a wide variety of occupational areas. There are over 180 different types of apprenticeships. The Skills Junction can offer potential employees or employers, advice and guidance on everything you need to know about apprencticeships, from the qualifications involved, the areas in which you can work and the different levels of pay and qualifications.
- The Skills Junction prospectus 2012/2012 - online version
- The Skills Junction prospectus 2012/2013 (PDF, 1.91MB) - downloadable version
Where to find help
- The Skills Junction website
- Information for learners
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 01606 288901
- Fax: 01606 862154
- Post: Cheshire West and Chester Skills Junction, The Verdin Exchange, High Street, Winsford, CW7 2AN
Benefits for employers
There are real business benefits to taking on apprentices. Apprenticeships can make your organisation more effective, productive and competitive by addressing your skill gaps directly, even in uncertain economic times.
In a recent survey, the majority of employers said that apprenticeships helped them to improve productivity and to be more competitive. They also said that training apprentices is more cost effective than hiring skilled staff, leading to lower overall training and recruitment costs.
- The Skills Junction information for employers 2012/2013 - online version
- The Skills Junction information for employers 2012/2013 (PDF, 768KB) - downloadable version