Archaeology planning advisory service
The Archaeology Planning Advisory Service is responsible for safeguarding Cheshire's archaeology through the planning process. It is a service shared between Cheshire West and Chester and Cheshire East councils, as well as the authorities of Warrington and Halton.
The service can assist in:
- Providing archaeological information and advice
- Assessing the archaeological potential of proposed development areas
- Advising on the likely archaeological impact of development proposals and appropriate measures to reduce their impact
- Providing written specifications for archaeological work
- Providing a List of Archaeological Contractors and Consultants
- Monitoring archaeological projects to ensure professional standards and compliance with planning requirements
- Liaising with local and national archaeological bodies
- Conserving, managing and interpreting archaeological remains
- Understanding archaeological law
- Formulating planning policy and development plans
Use the links below to find out more about our work and our services.