Northgate Street, Chester, CH1 2EF
Telephone: 01244 977 380
Fax: 01244 315 534
Christmas and new year
Our Christmas and new year opening hours, from Wednesday 24 December 2014 until Monday 5 January 2015, are available:
The Word Thing at Chester Library
Please take a free word every month- it’s yours to keep and use. All that we ask is that you show us what you do with it. It might inspire a poem, painting or song, a sculpture or even a play. Wherever ‘The Word Thing’ takes you, send us a postcard to display. Please pop in or contact the library to find out the word of the month and see what has been created.
Chester Work Zone
The Work Zone at Chester Library offers a wide range of services and support, including:
- Preparing Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Brushing up on IT, English and/or maths
- Searching for jobs on line
- Practicing interview skills – face to face and by telephone
- Access to a wide range of vocational qualifications
- Work experience
- Links with employers
The Work Zone can also help with other issues that may be preventing you getting a job, such as:
- Benefits advice
- Childcare advice
- Debt advice
For dates times and contact details please visit the Work Zone programme
- Under 5s storytime: 11.15am - 11.45am, weekly.
- English conversation: 5.30pm - 6.45pm, fortnightly.
- Reading group: 1pm - 2pm, monthly.
- Scrabble club: 10am - 12noon, fortnightly.
- Under 5s rhymetime: 10.15am - 10.45am, weekly.
- Under 5s rhymetime: 11.15am - 11.45am, weekly.
- The Work Club: 10am - 12pm, weekly.
- National Careers Service: 9.30am - 3pm
- Primary care mental health team drop in: 11am - 1pm, weekly.
- Reading group: 5.30pm - 6.30pm - monthly.
- Audio book club for blind and partially sighted people: 10.30am - 11.30am, last Thursday of every month (excluding July and December).
- Arthritis care champions drop in: 10am - 12pm, monthly.
- Relish wellbeing reading group: 2pm, weekly.
- Under 1's rhymetime: 11.15 - 11.45am, term time only, for library members. Booking a place is essential, due to limted space, and can be made from the Monday for the following friday. Please contact the library on 01244 977380 or email email@example.com
- Crochet and knitting club: 1pm - 3pm, monthly
- Science fiction and fantasy readers
group: 2pm -
Where is the library? How do I get there?
Directions - Chester Library is situated in the heart of the City of Chester on Northgate Street. It can be found close to the Town Hall, market and the cathedral.
Public transport - Chester is easily reached by bus, train or car. The library is adjacent to the Chester Bus Exchange.
Please visit the Bus Service Timetables directory to view bus timetables or plan your journey with Transport Direct below. You can also call Cheshire Traveline on 0845 140 2666, 8am - 8pm, for further information.
Parking - The library is within walking distance of several car parks.
Disabled parking - Disabled parking for blue disabled badge holders is available on nearby St. Werburgh Street.