Northgate Street, Chester, CH1 2EF
Telephone: 01244 977 380
Fax: 01244 315 534
The Word Thing at Chester Library
Please take a free word every month- it’s yours to keep and use. All that we ask is that you show us what you do with it. It might inspire a poem, painting or song, a sculpture or even a play. Wherever ‘The Word Thing’ takes you, send us a postcard to display. Please pop in or contact the library to find out the word of the month and see what has been created.
- Under 5s storytime: 11.15am - 11.45am, weekly.
- English conversation: 5.30pm - 6.45pm, fortnightly.
- Reading group: 1pm - 2pm, monthly.
- Scrabble club: 10am - 12noon, fortnightly.
- Under 5s rhymetime: 10.15am - 10.45am, weekly.
- Under 5s rhymetime: 11.15am - 11.45am, weekly.
- The Work Club: 10am - 12pm, weekly.
- National Careers Service: 9.30am - 3pm
- Reading group: 5.30pm - 6.30pm - monthly.
- Audio book club for blind and partially sighted people: 10.30am - 11.30am, last Thursday of every month (excluding July and December).
- Relish wellbeing reading group: 2pm, weekly.
- Baby Bounce and Rhyme (songs and rhymes for babies
under 1): Fridays 11.15-11.45 from 2 May 2014
- Crochet and knitting club: 1pm - 3pm, monthly
- Science fiction and fantasy readers
group: 2pm -
Where is the library? How do I get there?
Directions - Chester Library is situated in the heart of the City of Chester on Northgate Street. It can be found close to the Town Hall, market and the cathedral.
Public transport - Chester is easily reached by bus, train or car. The library is adjacent to the Chester Bus Exchange.
Please visit the Bus Service Timetables directory to view bus timetables or plan your journey with Transport Direct below. You can also call Cheshire Traveline on 0845 140 2666, 8am - 8pm, for further information.
Parking - The library is within walking distance of several car parks.
Disabled parking - Disabled parking for blue disabled badge holders is available on nearby St. Werburgh Street.