The Council provides a pest control service. All our operatives are qualified and trained to a high standard and can remove rats, mice, and cockroaches which are classed as a threat to public health. Treatments are also available for pests that are not considered a threat to public health.
Where to find help
If you wish to book an appointment for a pest control operative to visit and treat your property and for advice on pigeon or squirrel problems contact us.
- Telephone: 0300 123 7038
The charges stated below are all inclusive of VAT and are
correct from 1 April 2014.
- Rats and mice: £25 (Up to three visits in one calendar month)
- Wasps, cockroaches and ants: £60 (Wasp removal guaranteed until the end of the calendar year)
- Bedbugs, beetles, flies, fleas (nuisance pests): £96
- Survey fee for any pest problem: £25 (included in the above prices)
- Other pests: price on request
Competitively priced pest control contracts are available to commercial customers and can be tailored to suit your needs from individual jobs to annual contracts.