Note: As of 7 January 2013 there will be a minor change to the procedure for requesting a building control inspection. All requests for site inspections must be received by 4.30pm the previous day. This change in procedure will allow our surveyors to respond to customer demand for earlier site inspections.
If you have any comments or questions about this change, please contact the Building Consultancy Managers John Adcock or Gary Shields on 01244 977797 or 01606 288701.
- Search and track applications - search for building regulation applications
- Making a building regulation application - you can apply online for building regulations via Submit-a-Plan
- Application forms, fees, guidance and checklists - links to apply online, fee information and forms for citizens who cannot apply online
- Building regulations - information about the building control system
- Planning permission - guidance on submitting planning applications
- Guidance and advice - looking at common building projects and what planning or building regulations are required
- Customer satisfaction survey - your comments and suggestions are very important to us, please take a few minutes to complete our survey
Where to find help
For enquiries please contact planning and building on 0300 123 7027.
Also see information on
- Dangerous structures - how to report a dangerous structure
- Site inspections - key stages to request a site inspection
- Unauthorised work - what to do if you carry out unauthorised work
- Extending your home - a guide to the processes when extending your home
- How to get approval - when approval is need and information on the different types of approval
- Competent person schemes - enabling trades people to self-certify work that complies with building regulations
- Useful links - links to organisations involved with building regulations