Open Space Audit and Assessment of Need
The main purpose of the Open Space Audit and Assessment of Need is to ensure that there are enough accessible, high quality green spaces and sport and recreation facilities to meet the needs of local communities and visitors.
The audit has been carried out in accordance with the requirements of the latest Planning Policy Guidance Note 17 (PPG17) and its Companion Guide. It has been prepared alongside the development of a Playing Pitch Strategy, which will cover issues relating to playing fields for football, cricket rugby and hockey in more detail.
- Executive Summary (PDF, 167KB)
- Main Report (PDF, 1.51MB)
- Appendix A - Assessment of Open Space Need – Consultation Report (June 2010) (PDF, 951KB)
- Appendix B - Wider Benefits of Open Space (PDF, 22KB)
- Appendix C - Site Assessment Matrix (PDF, 111KB)
- Appendix D - Standard Setting Documents (PDF, 328KB)
- Appendix E - National Planning Policy Context (PDF, 61.4KB)
- Appendix F - List of Sites (available on request)
- Appendix G - Maps (available on request)
- Appendix H - Summary of Data by Ward (PDF, 26.1KB)
- A report of Updated Figures Following Ward Boundary Amendments (PDF, 790KB) was produced in October 2011. The updated ward information supersedes ward information in the January 2011 Open Space Audit and Assessment. The detailed evidence and key priorities for improvement, set out in the January 2011 document, have not been affected by the change in ward boundaries.
- Spatial Planning team - phone 01244 973783 or email email@example.com
- Green Space Team - phone 01606 288539 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
(if requesting maps or information on individual sites, please state which area and/or type of open space you are interested in).