How to use planning online
If you are searching by application number, ignore any letters and only use the numbers, eg. 10/12345, using the * for wildcard characters.
Accessing our planning applications online allows you to:
- Track the progress of planning applications and appeals and be notified by email of changes or updates.
- Save searches and be emailed about new applications in your area.
- Search by key words in the description or address
- See weekly or monthly lists of applications received or decisions made within the system
- Submit comments about an application being considered
- View planning documents for valid planning applications
- View details of planning appeals
- View details of historical planning applications
- View property details by reference to a map
Please be aware that to submit comments or receive emails you will have to create an account and log in.
Other related pages
- Commenting on applications
- Planning applications - finding out about new ones
- Planning applications - making decisions
I am having problems viewing planning applications with my web browser
- Planning applications are best viewed with Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher, other web browsers may not support all of its functionality.
- If you are using Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher and the application does not appear to work as expected, please check your browser options.
- Our planning applications online use pop-up windows to provide help and results. Windows XP service pack 2 has added a pop-up blocker tool to Internet Explorer. You will need to adjust your default pop-up settings to use the full functionality (see Tools - Internet Options - Privacy).
- Please note that files sizes can be large and may take a while to download.