Cheshire West & Chester Council logo

Planning enforcement

Planning enforcement deal with cases where development has been carried out without permitted development rights or planning permission, unauthorised advertisements, tree protection, and non-compliance with conditions attached to planning approvals.

Where to find help

Make a complaint about a development

If you are concerned about a development near you which you think does not have planning permission, you can tell us or ask us about it by using:

Enforcement notices

Are legal documents which can be served on people who have built something without the required permissions. A notice could:

Enforcement notices servied within Cheshire West and Chester are added to the Enforcement Register.

Anyone receiving an enforcement notice can appeal to the Planning Inspectorate. You can view information on making Enforcement Appeals and comment on enforcement appeals:

Guidance about making an appeal against an enforcement notice is also available on: