Planning enforcement deal with cases where development has been carried out without permitted development rights or planning permission, unauthorised advertisements, tree protection, and non-compliance with conditions attached to planning approvals.
Where to find help
- Email: email@example.com
- In person: Which area office do I need?
- Telephone: 0300 123 7027
- By post: Chester Area Office - Planning Enforcement,
Development Management, The Forum, Chester, CH1 2HS
Winsford Area Office - Planning Enforcement, Development Management, Wyvern House, The Drumber, Winsford, CW7 1AH
Make a complaint about a development
If you are concerned about a development near you which you think does not have planning permission, you can tell us or ask us about it by using:
Are legal documents which can be served on people who have built something without the required permissions. A notice could:
- Stop or prevent an activity.
- Request the removal of an unauthorised building or extension.
- Ask for a development to be changed to make it more acceptable.
Enforcement notices servied within Cheshire West and Chester are added to the Enforcement Register.
Anyone receiving an enforcement notice can appeal to the Planning Inspectorate. You can view information on making Enforcement Appeals and comment on enforcement appeals:
- View and comment: Planning Casework Service
Guidance about making an appeal against an enforcement notice is also available on: