Preparing an application
The Planning Portal provides you with information and guidance about the planning process for businesses and professionals who represent them. It is a good place to look before you decide whether you need to put in a planning application.
Before you embark on the process please read the following sections of our website:
- Our pre-application service
- Common Projects - The Planning Portal lists common projects and provides information on the Planning and Building Control permissions required.
Information in this part of our site does not give a definitive source of legal information If you have any questions, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find an agent
You will need a professional agent to submit your application and represent you, unless your application proposal is very simple and you have access to the required technical drawings and documents.
We cannot recommend an agent, but the websites of the main professional bodies provide a list of their members.
You might find it helpful to look at the quality of applications submitted by the agent you are considering particularly in relation to Cheshire West and Chester.
The following external links may help you to identify an agent:
- Planning Consultant Directory
- Architects Registration Board
- Royal Institute of British Architects
- Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists.
The following links may also be able to provide information that is useful to you:
- Commission for Architecture and the Built Environment
- Business Link
Planning permission: a guide for businesses
Published by the Department for Communities and Local Government
- Urban Forum - A handy guide to Planning
- Federation of Small Businesses
- English Heritage
- Natural England
- Archaeology Planning Advisory Service