Park and Ride
Whether you’re a regular commuter, shopper, visitor or one time daytripper, the Park and Ride service provides a great way to travel to and from Chester city centre. There are four sites to choose from (all have the Park Mark safer parking award) where you can park for free, before hopping on the bus to make the quick and easy trip. There is an over-height area at each Park and Ride site for motorhomes and larger vehicles.
Where to find help
The Park and Ride bus service runs every ten minutes at peak times and every 15 minutes off-peak. With their special Park and Ride branding the buses are easy to spot and drop off and pick up points are conveniently located across Chester - see the timetables below for full details (on bank holidays a Sunday service is in operation):
- Boughton Heath Park and Ride timetable (PDF, 60KB)
- Sealand Road Park and Ride timetable (PDF, 185KB)
- Upton Park and Ride timetable (PDF, 161KB)
- Wrexham Road Park and Ride timetable (PDF, 40.1KB)
Please note: Chester Park and Ride will be operating a revised service over the Christmas period.
View Park and Ride in a larger map
There are four Park and Ride locations around Chester:
- Boughton Heath (CH3 5QD)
- Sealand Road (CH1 4LQ)
- Upton (CH2 1EU)
- Wrexham Road (CH4 9DE)
- Car parking is free.
- Adult return bus fare £2, with up to two accompanied children (under 16 years) travelling free. Tickets can be purchased at the Park and Ride.
- Frequent traveller? Why not take advantage of our saver books of tickets? Books of six return tickets for the price of five (£10) are available to purchase from the attendants on site. Plus if you have a Charisma Card show this to the attendant when you buy a saver book and you’ll be given another ticket for free.
- The Park and Ride service is excluded from the concessionary travel scheme.
For all lost property enquiries please contact the bus service provider:
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 01244 381461
For people with disabilities
Our Park and Ride bus service provider aims to offer a consistently high standard of service to all our customers and ensure that as many people as possible are able to make use of our services. If you have a question about about mobility scooter access please contact the bus service provider, Stagecoach:
- Website: Stagecoach Bus
- Telephone: 01244 381461
The Council has submitted a bid for grant funding from the
Department for Transport to convert the entire fleet of park and
ride buses in Chester to electric vehicles. Introduction of zero
emission buses will lead to improvements in local air quality,
reductions in greenhouse gas emissions and enhancement sustainable
transport networks in the borough.