Park and Ride PR1 and PR2 services
Improved Park and Ride service
Cheshire West and Chester Council is pleased to announce a new improved Park and Ride Service, operated by our partners Stagecoach. Twelve brand new low-emission single-deck buses have been ordered and will enter service soon.
The four current routes have been replaced by two new routes, PR1 The Blue Line and PR2 The Green Line, that will operate ‘cross-city’ to offer more stops, meaning more travel options.
The introduction of the new service co-incides with an exciting project to improve the public realm in Frodsham Street that starts on 27 June 2016 for six months.
We hope that you will enjoy our new buses and take advantage of quick and easy travel into the city centre.
The Park and Ride bus service runs every 12 minutes at peak times and every 15 minutes off-peak. With their special Park and Ride branding the buses are easy to spot and drop off and pick up points are conveniently located across Chester - and at certain points on route, see the timetables below for full details. Please note, on bank holidays a Sunday service is in operation.
The Park and Ride service will run until 9.15pm each Thursday during the summer up to 1 September 2016.
- PR1 Wrexham Road Park and Ride – Chester City Centre – Upton (Zoo) Park and Ride (PDF, 210KB)
- PR2 Boughton Heath Park and Ride – Chester City Centre – Sealand Road Park and Ride (PDF, 218KB)
The below links give full detail of the new routes including maps and times:
- Wrexham Road and Upton Park and Ride timetable (PDF, 332KB)
- Boughton Heath and Sealand Road Park and Ride timetable (PDF, 314KB)
View Park and Ride in a larger map
There are four Park and Ride locations around Chester:
- Boughton Heath (CH3 5QD)
- Sealand Road (CH1 4LQ)
- Upton (CH2 1EU)
- Wrexham Road (CH4 9DE)
- Car parking is free.
- Adult return bus fare £2, with up to two accompanied children (under 16 years) travelling free. Tickets can be purchased at the Park and Ride.
- Frequent traveller? Why not take advantage of our saver books of tickets? Books of six return tickets for the price of five (£10) are available to purchase from the attendants on site. Plus if you have a Charisma Card show this to the attendant when you buy a saver book and you’ll be given another ticket for free.
- The Park and Ride service is excluded from the concessionary travel scheme.
For all lost property enquiries please contact the bus service provider.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 01244 381461
For people with disabilities
Our Park and Ride bus service provider aims to offer a consistently high standard of service to all our customers and ensure that as many people as possible are able to make use of our services. If you have a question about about mobility scooter access please contact Stagecoach, the bus service provider.
- Stagecoach Bus
- Telephone: 01244 381461