Current local plans
The current adopted Local Plans are:
- Chester Please note policy HO 1 (housing provision) expired on 12 May 2009.
- Ellesmere Port and Neston Please note policy H8 (School Site) expired on 27 September 2007.
- Vale Royal Please note policies GS1 and H1 expired on 16 June 2009.
- Cheshire County Council - Waste Local Plan
- Cheshire County Council - Minerals Local Plan
- Interactive Local Plan map - showing all policies in Cheshire West and Chester.
Copies of the Secretary of State's Saved Policy Directions letters for each plan can be requested from firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 01244 973887.
The policies in the Cheshire 2016: Structure Plan Alteration were revoked along with the Regional Spatial Strategy on 20 May 2013, so no longer apply.
Tattenhall and District Neighbourhood Plan (PDF, 2.06MB) was made on 4 June 2014 and now forms part of the development plan for that area.
Supplementary planning guidance and documents, development briefs, and village or town design statements also apply in certain areas of the borough:
- Chester supplementary policies and development briefs
- Ellesmere Port and Neston supplementary policies and development briefs
- Vale Royal supplementary policies and development briefs
- Town and Village Design Statements (all areas)
Information on: the council's housing land supply; the Local Plan documents and policies; and minerals and waste technical information, is published each year in Monitoring Reports.