Current development plan
All Local Plan allocations and made Neighbourhood Plan boundaries are shown on our interactive Local Plan map.
The current adopted Local Plans, made neighbourhood plans and supporting planning policy documents are:
- Cheshire West and Chester Local Plan (Part One) Strategic Policies - adopted on 29 January 2015
- Malpas and Overton Neighbourhood Plan (PDF, 3.23MB) - made on 8 July 2015
- Norley Neighbourhood Plan (PDF, 1.35MB) - made on 3 February 2016
- Tattenhall and District Neighbourhood Plan (PDF, 2.06MB) - made on 4 June 2014
- Winsford Neighbourhood Plan (7.69MB) - made on 19 November 2014
- Houses in Multiple Occupation and Student Accommodation SPD - adopted on 27 April 2016
- Travel Planning Guidance SPD - adopted on 16 March 2016
Following the adoption of the Local Plan (Part One) Strategic Policies on 29 January 2015, some policies in the former district and county Local Plans were retained, along with their supplementary guidance and documents, development briefs and village or town design statements.
- Chester District Local Plan (including SPDs, SPGs, development briefs and village design statements)
- Ellesmere Port and Neston Borough Local Plan (including SPDs, SPGs and development briefs)
- Vale Royal Borough Local Plan (including SPDs, SPGs, development briefs, town and village design statements)
- Cheshire Replacement Minerals Local Plan
- Cheshire Replacement Waste Local Plan
The policies in the Cheshire 2016: Structure Plan Alteration were revoked along with the Regional Spatial Strategy on 20 May 2013, so no longer apply.