The Council's responsibilities
The Council is responsible for running the following elections:
- European elections for the Cheshire West and Chester Counting Area of the North West European Constituency
- Parliamentary elections for the Parliamentary Constituencies of the City of Chester, Eddisbury, Ellesmere Port and Neston and Weaver Vale.
- Unitary council elections for the wards within Cheshire West and Chester
- Parish council elections for the parish/town councils within Cheshire West and Chester.
The Council will also run any referenda, national or local which may affect the borough in future.
Finally, we also run any by-elections that occur if, for instance, a Councillor (or MP) dies, resigns or ceases to hold office for any other reason.
- 2016 Hartford Neighbouhood Plan referendum
- 2016 Helsby Neighbourhood Plan referendum
- 2016 Neston Neighbourhood Plan referendum
- 2016 Tarporley Neighbourhood Plan referendum
- 2016 Police and Crime Commissioner election results
- 2015 Norley Neighbourhood Plan referendum
- 2015 Parliamentary, Cheshire West and Chester Council and Town and Parish Councils election results
- 2014 Winsford Neighbourhood Plan referendum
- 2014 European Election results
- 2013 Tattenhall and District Neighbourhood Plan referendum
- 2012 Police and Crime Commissioner election results
- 2011 Cheshire West and Chester Council election results