Contaminated land information
Contaminated land has the potential to cause harm to people, property, the environment and rivers, lakes and groundwater, because of the presence of particular substances in, on and under the ground. These substances may include heavy metals such as lead or arsenic, organic compounds such as hydrocarbons or solvents and gases, including methane and carbon dioxide.
Where to find help
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0300 123 7 038 and ask to speak to the Contaminated Land Officer in the Environmental Protection Team
- By post: Environmental Protection Team, Regulatory Services, Cheshire West and Chester Council, Ist Floor, East Wing, Wyvern House, The Drumber, Winsford, CW7 1AH
- contaminated land issues
- contaminated land enquiry service for prospective property purchasers
- information relating to records of any contamination issues associated with the site, evidence of potential contamination from historic maps, referring to past land uses and the results of site investigations within close proximity to the property
A charge is made for this service.