Skip to main content

Food hygiene for businesses

This area of the website provides information for food businesses including how to start or change a food business, guidance on food information regulations, food inspections and the national food hygiene scheme. If you are a consumer wanting to know more about food safety, please visit our food safety for consumers pages.

The Council is responsible for enforcing National and European Union food hygiene legislation in all food businesses operating within Cheshire West and Chester and regularly inspects food premises to achieve improvements in practices and procedures.

Get 5 logo
All food businesses are awarded Food Hygiene Rating Score which is published on the Government’s Food Standards Agency website.  If you are a new or existing food business and you want to improve your Food Hygiene Rating Score you can take part in the Councils GET 5 Scheme.

Environmental Health Officers and Technical Officers authorised by Cheshire West and Chester Council have the right to enter and inspect food premises at all reasonable hours.

Where to find help

  • Telephone: 0300 123 7 038
  • By post: Regulatory Services, Wyvern House, Winsford, CW7 1AH

Further information

Further information including Safer Food Better Business diary pages are obtainable via the Food Standards Agency (FSA) website.

Share this page

We use cookies

Cheshire West and Chester Council use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on our website. However, if you would like to, you can change your cookie settings at any time.