Testing for employers
Businesses are being asked to encourage their employees to get tested or collect tests from one of the following options. Employees will be able to take two boxes of tests home with them or four boxes if they are taking the tests for someone else in their home.
- Participating pharmacies (currently 76 in west Cheshire).
- Order two boxes of tests online for home delivery.
- The two west Cheshire asymptomatic testing sites: Stanney Oaks Leisure Centre in Ellesmere Port and The Dingle Centre in Winsford. Before using the Lateral Flow Tests (LFTs) at home, we would encourage employees to visit one of the above three testing sites, so that they can be shown how to correctly undertake a test.
- Participating libraries: Northwich, Neston, Frodsham and Ellesmere Port.
- The mobile library van which visits various locations, including Tarvin, Tattenhall, Tarporley and Malpas. Employees can look up opening times and precise locations for all of the above using the NHS site finder. They can also enter their home or work postcode to find the sites most convenient for them to collect tests.
As of 19 July, businesses who offer on-site testing or home test kits for employees will no longer be able to order testing kits. Any business wishing to continue with workplace testing can refer to the list of private providers of COVID-19 testing (GOV.UK). Alternatively businesses should encourage their employees to access free LFT tests from participating pharmacies or by ordering online.