Test and Trace support payment
The Test and Trace support payment has been introduced to help residents to self-isolate, who may have previously struggled to self-isolate due to financial constraints. Individuals who are required to self-isolate and who meet the benefits-linked eligibility criteria will be entitled to £500. This will be payable as a lump sum.
Who will be eligible for the Test and Trace support payment?
To be eligible for the Test and Trace support payment, an individual must:
- have been asked to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace either because they've tested positive for coronavirus or have recently been in close contact with someone who has tested positive;
- be employed or self-employed;
- be unable to work from home and will lose income as a result; and
- be currently receiving Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, income-based Employment and Support Allowance, income-based Jobseeker's Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit and/or Pension Credit.
Who is not eligible?
You will not be eligible for the scheme if you:
- Are quarantining after travelling abroad (unless you test positive during the 14-day quarantine period).
- Continue to receive full wages while you self-isolate.
- Can work from home during a period of self-isolation.
- Are no longer required to self-isolate i.e. your period of self-isolation ended before the Self-Isolation Payment Scheme launched (28 September 2020).
- Have not received a notification from NHS Test and Trace telling you to self-isolate.
- Have to stay at home to look after a child who has to self-isolate.
How do I apply for the Test and Trace support payment?
Before you make an application, you need to have the following to hand
- a notification from NHS Test and Trace asking you to self-isolate (this will include a Unique ID number)
- a bank statement and
- proof of employment, or, if you are self-employed, evidence of self-assessment returns, trading income and proof that your business delivers services which cannot be undertaken without social contact.
Please also provide the following information to enable the quick processing of your application:
- Your name, address and national insurance number;
- Your phone number in case we need to contact you regarding your application.
If you are unable to make an application online, please call 0300 123 8123 and we will help you.
If you receive a self-isolation payment you must self-isolate as requested by NHS Test and Trace.
Please visit the NHS website for more details of the NHS Test and Trace self-isolation requirements for those:
- Testing positive for Coronavirus;
- Who have been in contact with someone who has tested positive and have now been told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace
NHS Test and Trace