COVID-19 has not gone away in Cheshire West and Chester.
To keep the spread of the virus in check get fully vaccinated as soon as you are eligible.
Advice within the borough
People living in, working in and visiting west Cheshire are advised to:
- Get fully vaccinated - it’s shown to be safe and effective against the virus, including new variants, and is the best way to keep yourself from getting seriously ill. It also reduces the risk of passing the virus on to someone else.
- Be kind and considerate of others who may be feeling extremely nervous about COVID-19.
- Try to meet others outside where possible.
- Regularly ventilate your home particularly when you have visitors.
- Consider wearing face coverings in crowded indoor areas where social distancing cannot be followed, such as supermarkets and on public transport, in health and social care settings, such as hospitals, care homes and GP surgeries, and where it would make others feel more comfortable.
- Continue to practice good hand hygiene, in particular hand washing.
- If you have symptoms of a respiratory infection, such as COVID-19, and you have a high temperature or do not feel well enough to go to work or carry out normal activities, try to stay at home and avoid contact with other people, until you no longer have a high temperature (if you had one) or until you no longer feel unwell.
Businesses and workplaces in west Cheshire are also asked to:
- Continue to adhere to COVID-19 working safely guidance, including provision of washing facilities and proper ventilation with external fresh air.
- Check our advice on managing an outbreak in your business setting, and increase testing if your workplace has had an outbreak.
- Encourage your employees to have both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine when it is offered.
Read more COVID-19 guidance on the GOV.UK website.