Cheshire West and Chester Council continues to see high rates of COVID-19 across the borough.
To keep the spread of the virus in check get fully vaccinated as soon as you are eligible, and follow public health advice.
Remember - hands, face, space and fresh air.
If you have COVID-19 symptoms, including a new continuous cough, loss or change to your sense of smell or taste or a high temperature you are advised to stay at home.
Advice within the borough
People living in, working in and visiting west Cheshire are advised to:
- Get fully vaccinated - it’s shown to be safe and effective against the virus, including new variants, and is the best way to keep yourself from getting seriously ill. It also reduces the risk of passing the virus on to someone else.
- Be kind and considerate of others who may be feeling extremely nervous about COVID-19.
- Continue wearing face coverings in crowded indoor areas where social distancing cannot be followed, such as supermarkets and on public transport, in health and social care settings, such as hospitals, care homes and GP surgeries, and where it would make others feel more comfortable.
- Try to meet others outside where possible.
- Regularly ventilate your home particularly when you have visitors.
- Continue to practice good hand hygiene, in particular hand washing.
- Stay at home if you feel unwell, particularly if you have one of the three main symptoms of COVID-19 – a new continuous cough, loss or change to your sense of smell or taste or a high temperature, and stay at home for five days if you test positive for the virus.
Read more COVID-19 guidance on the GOV.UK website.
How to book a vaccine
Book or manage your coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination