Cheshire West and Chester Council continues to see high rates of COVID-19 across the borough.
To keep the spread of the virus in check get fully vaccinated as soon as you are eligible, and test twice a week using the free home kits (or by visiting a symptom free testing centre).
Vaccinations | COVID-19 testing | COVID-19 testing without symptoms
Remember - hands, face, space and fresh air.
If you have COVID-19 symptoms, or show a positive LFT book in for a PCR test:
Advice within the borough
Although many restrictions were lifted in England from 19 July, people living in, working in and visiting west Cheshire are advised to:
- Get fully vaccinated - it’s shown to be safe and effective against the virus, including new variants, and is the best way to keep yourself from getting seriously ill. It also reduces the risk of passing the virus on to someone else
- Be kind and considerate of others who may be feeling extremely nervous about the further lifting of restrictions
- Continue wearing face coverings in crowded indoor areas where social distancing cannot be followed, such as supermarkets and on public transport, in health and social care settings, such as hospitals, care homes and GP surgeries, and where it would make others feel more comfortable
- Continue social distancing by not unnecessarily being in crowded areas and continuing to work from home if possible
- Try to meet others outside where possible
- Continue to practice good hand hygiene, in particular hand washing
- Keep getting tested - everyone should undertake twice weekly rapid symptom free testing using Lateral Flow Tests (LFT). If people experience generally associated symptoms such as a headache, a stuffed or runny nose, tiredness or weakness, aches and pains, sore throat or diarrhoea, the Council advises that they should take a PCR test as a precaution. If people have any of the main symptoms of COVID-19 such as a high temperature, a new continuous cough or loss or change to their sense of smell or taste they must stay at home and book a PCR test.
- Book a PCR test if you have been in contact with someone who has COVID-19 and self-isolate if this is positive or if you are over 18 and not fully vaccinated. Self-isolation guidance.
Businesses and workplaces in west Cheshire are also asked to:
Statement from COVID-19 Outbreak Board | Residents advised of different restrictions in Wales
Contact tracing and support to self-isolate
There is plenty of help and support available should you need to self isolate.
Self-isolation support and inspiration
Read more COVID-19 guidance on the GOV.UK website.
How to book a vaccine