Changes to the funeral service
We have made changes for funeral services as follows:
- In line with guidance from the Institute of cemetery and crematorium management, funeral attendance is limited to 'immediate family' only - spouses/partners, parents/carers, siblings, children (and partners)
- At Blacon crematorium, all visitors and staff are required to practice social distancing. In the crematorium chapel we have placed white labels on the pews to indicate a distance of two metres to help with this
- Visitors are discouraged from congregating in the crematorium chapel waiting area, but should instead stay in their cars until it is time to enter chapel for the funeral service
- Communal service books have been removed from the crematorium chapel as they are difficult to clean between services. Funeral directors may provide service sheets instead which are removed at the end of the service. Additional waste bins have been provided near the crematorium chapel exit
- We have made hand sanitiser and disposable gloves available in the crematorium chapel for use by staff and visitors. Pews are wiped down with disinfectant after each service
- No new bookings for scattering of ashes or the burial of ashes are being taken at this time. Any bookings already made may only be carried out in accordance with any legislation, restrictions and/or Government guidance as appropriate
- Cremated remains will be collected from the crematorium by funeral directors rather than by family members.
Thank you for your support and understanding during this difficult time.