Changes to the funeral service
We have made changes for funeral services as follows:
- In line with guidance from Public Health England and the Department of Health & Social Care, funeral attendance is limited to a maximum limit of 30 people, anybody working is not included in this number
- At Blacon crematorium, all visitors and staff are required to practice social distancing. In the crematorium chapel we have placed yellow labels on the pews to indicate a distance of two metres to help with this
- Our crematorium chapel waiting area is closed, visitors are encouraged to stay in their cars until it is time to enter chapel for the funeral service
- Communal service books have been removed from the crematorium chapel as they are difficult to clean between services. Funeral directors may provide service sheets instead which are removed at the end of the service. Additional waste bins have been provided near the crematorium chapel exit
- We have made hand sanitiser and disposable gloves available in the crematorium chapel for use by staff and visitors. Pews are wiped down with disinfectant after each service
- Cremated remains will be collected from the crematorium by funeral directors rather than by family members.
Thank you for your support and understanding during this difficult time.
Pre-registration for funerals at Blacon crematorium