Skip to main content

Booking your civil partnership

Changes to registration services

To keep customers and staff safe during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and to use our limited resources in the best way possible we have made changes to our registration services. Our current priority is arranging and providing death registrations, birth registrations and responding to enquiries about ceremonies that have already been booked with our registrars.


We are experiencing an unprecedented number of enquiries. We completely understand, but ask that customers remain patient. Please be assured we will respond to enquiries as soon as we can, but there will inevitably be a delay. 

We are now accepting new bookings for ceremonies. You can make a general enquiry or request to book, postpone or rearrange a ceremony already booked with us. 

Contact us

Civil partnerships in a Register Office

Ceremony rooms are available at our Register Offices. You can book a Register Office up to 12 months in advance.

The rooms are available from Monday to Saturday, between 10am and 4pm. 

Civil partnerships in approved premises

You can also choose to have your ceremony at one of our approved ceremony venues. You can book Registrars up to three years in advance for ceremonies at approved premises. Information on what venues we have on offer is available below.

Civil partnerships at approved premises can take place at any time, seven days a week, including some bank holidays.

Do I have to give notice?

You will need to complete a notice of civil partnership. This is a legal requirement and can be done up to 12 months in advance of your ceremony date. Notices must be given at least 28 clear days in advance of your ceremony date.

Foreign nationals

There are special procedures when either partner is a foreign (non-EEA) national and is subject to immigration control. If this applies to you, please contact us before making any ceremony arrangements. You can find more information on what to do if you are a foreign national on the Gov.UK website.

Terms and conditions Privacy policy Cookies Contact