Waste collection problems
Please tell us if there is a problem with your bin collection - for example a missed bin collection.
Report a missed bin collection
Before reporting, please read the collection commitments below:
This simple set of commitments will help you to understand what you can expect from your ‘Recycle first’ collection service and what is expected from you in return.
What we expect from you
- Containers must be placed out for collection at the edge of your property by 7am on your day of collection
- Only place household and garden waste out for collection in the containers provided
- Only place the correct items out for collection on each of your containers
- Do not cause obstructions to the footpath or roadway with your bins and boxes on collection day
- Return all your containers to your property as soon as possible after collection
What you can expect from us
- Explain clearly what services you can expect to receive
- Empty your containers on the dates indicated in your collection calendar
- Return all your empty containers to their original collection point
- Clean up any mess or spills we create during the emptying process
- Ensure all collection staff are well trained and courteous
- Tell you in good time if we have to make change to your service, even temporary
- Clearly show you where the recycling is taken after collection, and what happens to it
- Allow you to place additional recycling out for collection when you have it (excluding garden waste)
- Following notification of a genuine missed collection, return and rectify the error within 24 hours ( refer to what we expect from you below)
- Respond to complaints we receive about our service within two days
You can use the online form to request a new or replacement Domestic Wheelie Bin, Garden Waste Wheelie Bin, Recycling Box or Food Caddy. You can also use the form to order a replacement lid for your recycling container.
Order, replace or remove a bin, box or caddy
If householders are physically unable to move their containers and there is nobody else to help then they are eligible for an assisted collection. Please call 0300 123 7026 so that we can assess your needs and arrange a designated collection point from your property.
Get help to put your bins out
Bulky Waste collection
Request removal of bulky or unwanted items from your property.
Get rid of a large unwanted item
Other ways to report a problem