Skip to main content

Single person discount review

If you receive single person discount we may contact you asking if you are still the sole adult living in the property. We will normally send you a letter with a unique PIN number. You will need to have this to access the form.

Complete your review

Why we carry out reviews

Each year local authorities nationwide receive a high volume of applications. We continue to review properties with this discount in order to help identify fraudulent claims. Some applications are not genuine and this means council funds are being lost.

Legislation exists which allows council's to prosecute those who cheat the system through the courts in order to get back money owed. 

Frequently asked questions

Some individual circumstances may not be easy to explain. We have included a list of the most frequently asked questions that you may have during these reviews.

Share this page

Terms and conditions Privacy policy Cookies Contact                      

We use cookies

Cheshire West and Chester Council use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on our website. However, if you would like to, you can change your cookie settings at any time.