Family Safety Units
The Family Safety Unit works with women and men, whether in heterosexual or same sex relationships. It also can also support people in the case of forced marriage and 'honour'-based violence.
Where to find help
Services are provided by a manager and a team of Independent Domestic Violence Advocates. The West Cheshire Domestic Abuse Family Safety Unit is based in Winsford and covers the whole of the borough.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post: DAFSU, First floor, Wyvern House, The Drumber, Winsford, CW7 1AH
- Telephone: 01606 351 375 (self referrals for clients)
- Telephone: 0300 123 7047 option two (for agencies)
The unit provides:
- Services for victims in high risk cases
- Advice and information for agencies dealing with victims of domestic abuse
- Co-ordination of Multi-agency Risk Assessement Conferences (MARACs)
The Family Safety Unit provide a range of resources, please visit the resources area of this website for further information.
The unit has achieved Leading Light status with the SafeLives Leading Lights accreditoation programme which is designed to recognise and reward good and safe practice in IDVA across England and Wales.