2012-15 Carers Strategy
The 2012-2015 Cheshire West and Chester Carers Strategy has been developed in partnership with carers, the Clinical Commissioning groups and local carer focused voluntary sector organisations.
- We aim to see carers as partners in care with expert knowledge, experience and understanding of the person they care for.
- To help them realise and release their potential with access to work and educational opportunities
- To support them to have a life outside of caring with good quality assessments and access to breaks
- Ensure they have good quality information and advice so that they and the person they care for can make informed choices at a time and a place where they feel they have control
- Recognise that caring can impact carers’ health and well-being by enabling access to annual health checks and support systems in the event of emergencies
- To work together in partnership as agencies and professionals so that we clearly identify, monitor and finance what is available to carers in the borough of Cheshire West and Chester.
We are proud to present this to the citizens of Cheshire West and Chester and look forward to building on this excellent foundation.