If you look after a relative, friend or neighbour, providing essential support to someone unable to do everything for themselves then you are a carer.
Where to find help
How we can help
The Council is committed to supporting carers and can offer help and support to you. We aim to see carers as partners in care with expert knowledge, experience and understanding of the person they care for:
- to help them realise and release their potential with access to work and educational opportunities
- to support them to have a life outside of caring with good quality assessments and access to breaks
- ensure they have good quality information and advice so that they and the person they care for can make informed choices at a time and a place where they feel they have control
- recognise that caring can impact carers’ health and well-being by enabling access to annual health checks and support systems in the event of emergencies
- to work together in partnership as agencies and professionals so that we clearly identify, monitor and finance what is available to carers in the borough of Cheshire West and Chester
The 2012-15 Cheshire West and Chester Carers Strategy has been developed in partnership with carers, the Clinical Commissioning groups and local carer focused voluntary sector organisations.
We also carry out carer's assessments to find out the best ways to help you cope as a carer and help you in your caring role.
New all-age carers' strategy consultation
The Council is consulting on a new all-age carers' strategy. If you're a carer, parent or are involved in providing services or support in this sector, we want to hear from you. Your feedback will help us to improve support for carers across the borough and make sure future services reflect carers needs.
All-age carers' strategy consultation
Share your views and experiences by Sunday 18 October.
Cheshire and Warrington Carers Trust
Support is also available locally through the Cheshire and Warrington Carers Trust in Chester and Northwich.
- Cheshire and Warrington Carers Trust
- Telephone: 0300 102 0008
- By post:
1st Floor, The Bluecoat, Upper Northgate Street, Chester CH1 4EE
146 London Road, Northwich, Cheshire CW9 5HH